Friday, June 10, 2005

Results are in...but why aren't I happy??

It is all good news, everything is fine and looks good. My fluid levels are normal, everything is NORMAL. So why am I such a sad sack now? The reason for me measuring so largely is because he's already 6 lbs. A lot of people give birth to a 6 lb baby!!!! He's still in the normal size range he's just at the high end of the range. For those who know me, what is the one thing I didn't want? A large baby!! Guess what I'll be having, a large baby!! I go from thinking I’ll be having a tiny preemie to a monster.

They say they typically gain 1/2 lb a week at this point. That is typically speaking. If that were the case he'd only be in the 8 lb range but not my super-baby, I'm sure he'll probably gain at a rapid weight of 2 lbs a week. Oh lucky, lucky me. They did say they'd induce me if he got too large but unless there is a medical reason then I don't want to be induced. My sister gave birth to a 9 1/2 lb baby so if she can do it, I can do it! I just don't WANT to do it!

She did say that he could have been positioned weird when she measured, he could of had his back arched or been really stretched out but it doesn't change the fact that he still looks 6 lbs in the sonogram. And if I may speak frankly about his uh….frank and beans, he’s beans were rather uh, um large to say the least. So maybe he’s 3lbs baby and 3lbs testicals. There was even a hint of shock in the sonogram tech’s voice when she pointed them out. Well at least we’ll know he’ll be able to support himself with his thriving Boogie Nights career.

I am grateful that all is well though and if a big baby is my only complaint then we are very lucky. You better believe though I'll be doing my "baby come now" dance at 37 weeks! So where will I be for the next 5 weeks…laying down with my hands in my crotch working on loosening up that perenium!

4 Comments:

Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

Glad everythings ok! I like big babies any way. My friend Renees son was 10lbs and the easiest of her 3 kids to push out. Her hips are 1/2 the width of mine! Very narrow! Hailee was 8lbs and Gianna was 8lbs4oz. Gianna came out in one push! Besides they might be wrong anyway! XOXO

11:36 AM  
Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

I am soooooo glad everything's okay and that baby is strong and healthy... not to mention well-endowed! :o) At least now you are actualy ready to go early and won't freak out as much if those contractions start up a few weeks early! :o) PLUS you get to avoid all that stress at work. Try to enjoy as much as you can! We are praying for all three of you! XOXOXOX

11:44 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

Oh pish-posh! Those sonograms are so often WRONG about baby size, just forget about it! Your body and your baby know what to do, just get your mind out of the way and trust you can do it. And I JUST had a baby, so I'm not just talking out of my ass here, lady.

But yeah, enjoy your stretching... not a bad idea at all.

3:31 PM  
Blogger the mama said...

whew! glad everything's ok!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home