Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Hmmm, what to wear, what to wear...

Pre-pregnancy clothes? Ha, good one. Maternity clothes? How disgustingly unflattering w/out the baby belly. Alrighty then, guess it's the SAME VELOUR SWEAT PANTS EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

This. Sucks.

We had our first pediatrician appointment today (it ended up being rescheduled for tomorrow, don't ask. Grrrrr) so I was looking forward to having a reason to get out of my pajama pants and into an "outfit" with makeup and everything. UNTIL I TRIED ON EVERYTHING IN MY CLOSET. It's so horrible, I thought I'd be able to wear some maternity clothes still and look decent. I don't, I look like a big egg when I put them on when they just hang off my belly. They might look a little better if I could wear them lower but that irritates my incision. I can't/shouldn't wear any fitted tops because my stomach shakes uncontrolably with every step I take and makes Bryan giggle (hurts my incision too!). I was trying to think about what pregnant month I still look like but then I realized I don't look like any of my pregnant months. I look like I've binged for 10 years. Pregnant belly = nice, hard round shape. Post Pregnant belly = Blubbery, saggy, very bouncy fat rolls.

I know I was warned, I know it'll get better. So until then, I hope these sweat pants work for any occasion.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Me too lol, I still have some extra weight I need to loose but hey in my time I guess. I lived in sweats after the birth of both kids cause they were comfy and they do make them dressier at some stores. But I know how you feel. Amazing you can look radiant pregnant but not when you have just had the baby. Ugh

4:24 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I'm wearin' the same velour sweatpants every day too! I feel your pain sister

5:13 PM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

I lived in sweat pants too! I'll come bearing clothes on Friday!

7:33 PM  
Blogger the mama said...

i still wear the same pregnant "uniform" i wore around the house. and going to the doctor's office doesn't count as going out. they all know you just had a baby...i know...doesn't help. it'll happen soon.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home