Friday, July 15, 2005

A whole new world

I'm back home but now trying to adjust to this crazy new wonderful life. I'm probably going to take a little break, hopefully very little. I'm just in a lot of pain now from the C-section. Wednesday I thought I was in the clear because I was totally fine, up and about but then they removed the epidural and it's been downhill since. I have some percocets which help some. Plus it's been a big mental adjustment, even just from leaving the hospital and being on our own. After 5 days of nurses tending to our every need, I suddenly feel a little overwhelmed.

I also wanted to thank everyone for thinking of us, such love! And thank you for all the compliments on my handsome man. I couldn't believe how many of you were thinking about us, it really means a lot. Not to mention so many new commenters! I'm glad Bryan got to post some pics although I would NOT have chosen that one of myself to show the world. But that's probably as good as it gets for now! We have a thousand more pics and can't wait to show them all. The pics don't do him justice.

I'm really looking forward to writing my birth story but it'll take me a couple days! It was a long, crazy day but wonderful in every way (easy to say that now!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I have to be honest, when you wrote that you looked into the toilet and saw blood, I really thought you'd miscarried ... or something equally horrid. (What do I know about childbirth?)

Anyway, the point is, I'm very happy to read that you and your child are fine.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Nicole Fleischman said...

I can't say enough about how cute your little guy is. Take time and rest up because the next few weeks are going to be the hardest adjustment period you will probably ever experience. Enjoy every second! Take care, rest, and don't worry about ANYTHING else except for you and little Julian. Of course Bryan too! Congrats again!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

What you talking about, Willis? That shot of you and the little man is awesome! You look beautiful and happy and so full of joy to be holding your son. There is a certain look to a mother holding her child after great effort to bring him into the world... it's unspeakably beautiful. And that's you, babe. You and your babe.

Glad you're home and I can't wait to read his story!

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Casalita, take all the time you need! We'll all be preety much the same when you get ready to post again, but your new little man is changing every single minute-- enjoy him!

11:09 PM  
Blogger rina said...

gorgeous, both of you. What a wonderful time you are entering. Scary? Shit yeah! But also the sweetest days of your life. The bonding that happens over the next few weeks is worth all the pain and sacrifice. Enjoy him. They grow far too quickly.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You just take all the time you need cause that little man will only be the size he is now for a week. lol They grow way too fast if you ask me. He's adorable!!!! I have to admit I have been waiting for YOUR post lol. Just to hear from you and to hear you and everyone are fine. Now go enjoy that baby. lol

7:01 AM  
Blogger Brandi1977 said...

Take your time! We all understand thast you need some time to adjust! I am shocked your already posting :) We will be here when you get back! Take care of that sweete little man of yours! (((HUGS)))

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home