Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th Everyone

Well, I haven't had any more possible "contractions" today that's kind of a bummer. And I'm still thinking I didn't drop. It's so hard to know, I have carried low almost the whole time (from what I was constantly told) I NEVER had a problem breathing from the baby pushing on my lungs, I NEVER had a problem getting full quickly from the baby pushing on my stomach and I ALWAYS peed a lot from the baby pushing on my bladder. So all the typical signs to indicate I've dropped won't apply to me. I think I've been feeling the movements a little lower, more where his head is instead of his feet kicking all around up top. But even if I did drop, I've been told that usually happens a couple weeks before labor so that's still a long way to go and past my due date! I know I said I didn't want a July 4th baby but believe me, I'm not that picky anymore!

We just got back from a nice 3 hour picnic by the water and now I'm sipping on a virgin daiquiri, living the good life and trying to cool off. The picnic was nice and relaxing until a big ass bulldog named "Dude" came up to visit our pups and all hell broke loose. It really wasn't that bad but Jolie got so excited she threw up partially on me, then Dude was climbing all over me (hello man do you think this is just a beer gut, watch the baby!) and as you know bulldogs can be rather frothy at the mouth so that was all over me and then Valentine decided to join in the fun and throw up himself! Fortunately that one was just next to me.

Now we'll be chillin in doors with A/C until it's time for the fireworks. I'm still hoping to be watching them from St. Joes Labor and Delivery room though!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor girl! The last few days are the WORST!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

My opinon: enjoy these last few days as much as you can.
Get sleep you won't be getting.
Enjoy taking a nice uninterrupted bath which you won't for a while.
Take your time eating.
Take time using the toilet.
You won't be very soon!
Savor the things you won't be able to do. Your due date will be here before you know it :)

7:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah you are carrying low then. I was the same way. Never had any of those problems and peed all the time. My babies would wait until I had to go really really bad and then do what I liked to call the happy baby dance on my bladder lol

7:42 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Maybe the fireworks will be enough to scare the baby into head-butting your cervix and breaking your water. (It's not as painful as it sounds.) :P

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the dogs are helping prepare you for motherhood with the sharing of bodily fluids. If you think that was bad, just wait until you see what can come out of an infant! C'est incroyable!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

I never "dropped." Just one day the baby decided to come. So, whatever.

The baby will be here soon. Remember, it's a scientific fact that you cannot be pregnant forever!

9:48 AM  
Blogger reet said...

take it from me, the last place you want to be on the 4th is the hospital!!! not to be morbid, but we are usually waaaaaaayyyy to busy taping up firework/car accident/boating/and other radom summer drunkin injuries back together.....you were much better incubating at home and getting practice with the puke thing! :) for some reason, baby puke is alot easier to stomach than doggie vomit if you ask me!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home