Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Good news or Bad news?

Actually it’s all good news, yeah! I finally got my Glucose Tolerance blood work results (after much harassing of the doctor’s office) and it came back just fine. I really need to relax!

But I could have done without the experience. I was worried about the whole getting sick thing as you know. Well I start to drink the drink and it’s NO WAY AS GOOD AS THE DRINK FROM THE INITIAL SCREENING! I don’t care what anyone says. The first test they give a nice orange drink that’s all fizzy and tastes exactly like an orange soda. YUMMY! So the 2nd test, the drink looks the same, smells the same but sure as hell doesn’t taste the same! What a difference more glucose can make because it was thick and syrupy and just hard to drink. I finally get it down and go out to wait. About 10 minutes later I can feel my stomach rumbling and I was not doing so well. I kept thinking “I don’t fucking believe this, I’m gonna get sick and have to do this shit all over again.” But I willed myself through it because hell if I’ll ever drink another bottle of that shit again. After the first hour passed I started to feel much better aside from the unbearable hunger pains. And it was sooooo boring and felt like I was there forever. But once it was over, my mom and I hit the Double T dinner and I consumed way more food than a human should ever eat in one sitting. It was so frigin’ good and now I’m happy to know I can enjoy that same meal without worrying about my sugar levels!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Ugh, I had to do the 3 hour test too. I couldn't believe how HORRIBLE it was. The nurse told me it's because the first test only has 50 mL of glucose, and the repeat test has 200 mL.

The nursery is positively divine! Where on earth did you find that crib??

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!
JENESSA

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad everything turned out fine! Hope to talk to you soon! KELIKILIKIMAKA

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home