Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Am I really that bad?

I was walking in my hood yesterday when I passed a young mom also walking with a young baby in a cool sling. Naturally being the outgoing person I am (HA!) I asked her where she got it, she said she made it, she asked me what kind of carrier I had (Moby), talked baby ages, yadda yadda. I noticed her baby was in some funky/punky clothes and he was only about a month older than J. We seemed similar in style and age and mom-status so the thought of possibly starting some sort of local-mom friendship did cross my mind. But I felt like she totally blew me off before we would even begin talking about anything of that nature. What the hell? Am I that bad? Maybe I was too homely looking for her. It was the sweat pants wasn't it? Did I come off stalker-like? Was it too fatal attraction-ish feeling for her? I swear I was acting normal, it wasn't like I was desperate to make a new friend. This is why I'm shy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daph said...

Bah. That's why I'm shy, too. Ditto what Molly said, and add that YOU were probably too cool for HER.

11:38 AM  
Blogger the mama said...

i'm sure it was her and not you (either that or she's a bitch and you don't want to be her friend anyway!) i always come off as rude. it's just that i don't know what to do when people talk to me. what? you're talking to me? why? do i have something on my face?

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home