Friday, April 15, 2005

The birthday girl at 27 weeks

On this day as I turn 28, here is my monthly official belly shot. I normally try to take it between the 13th and 16th of every month. The 16th was my original due date per fertilityfriend.com and based on my actual cycle. But the doctors said the 13th based on the generic formula from your LMP.

I never worry about turning older really. I feel I always have other stuff going on to distract me. That is until my husband reminds me he was supposed to trade me in for a newer model when I hit 25. Funny coming from someone who is 2 years and 364 days older than me!

This weekend will be great. We're going out for my bday dinner tonight, then picking a friend up at the airport. This is my oldest friend; we met in 6th grade when I moved to her area in Chicago. Then right before my freshman year in high school, my parents ripped me from the Illinois clutches and dragged me out here to Maryland. (And eventually after 4 years of making them suffer for forcing me to stay here against my will, I grew to love Baltimore). And we still keep in touch regularly (after a couple year lapse) But I'm really, really looking forward to seeing her. She's about 22 weeks pregnant (if I'm calculating this correctly!) so it'll be fun.

We actually started our “Trying To Conceive” journey together, unknowingly at first. We both had decided to start trying and had an agreement with our husbands we wouldn't tell anyone. Well being a girl and needing some female support, I told her right away and because I told her I think she felt comfortable sharing with me. We were both surprised to learn we were both trying at pretty much the exact same time. We figured being halfway across the country it was safe that the word wouldn't get around. After a few months of comparing cervical mucus (ahhh, that was fun) temp taking and charting, we fortunately both became pregnant and here we are. About to rub pregnant bellies and take lots of pictures in between our glutton-fests, as I like to call mine.

Anyway, happy birthday to me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you and baby⁄ (and Bryan too of course)!!
:o) Lisa

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home