Saturday, September 17, 2005

It could always be worse

I thought J was colicky until I actually talked to mom's of colicky babies. Those babies cry and scream. J does not scream. I used that term prematurely to describe him I think. If he starts to get into an uproar we can calm him rather quickly. And now I think we have it pretty damn good. He's awesome during the day and the evening isn't half bad either. I realized when he was "fussy" it was if we were trying to be lazy and sit on the couch and watch TV. Obviously he wasn't too excited about that and he'd let us know. Once we realized he needed the attention and not the TV, life was so much easier. If we start to run out of tricks to keep him happy, we put on this awesome white noise CD we bought (a blessing in disguise I tell ya) and it helps out real quick. Even the few fussy daytime episodes are non-existant now. The white noise even helps in the car, although we're not completely out of the woods on that yet. But lately he's been darn good in the car. I didn't want to say that incase it's a fluke or the chance that I just jinxed it.

Putting him to bed is a piece of cake. We have yet to have to sit up with him in the wee hours (excluding his belly pain episodes) especially once we decided to co-sleep. Even putting him in his co-sleeper is easier. We just swaddle him up and put on the white noise.

Even today I took him for a walk in the stroller and he was happy. The trick, don't put him in the infant seat in his stroller. He wants to be facing out, not riding backwards enclosed. He's a big boy trapped in a baby body.

Don't get me wrong, he is a baby. He does have his moments and there are places we're still a little unsure of venturing with him and it does take some effort to keep him happy. But I think we're very lucky.

Point of this post? I love my boy. He rocks.

2 Comments:

Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

He's so precious and I'm glad thigs are getting easier!

9:43 AM  
Blogger the mama said...

he gets more and more handsome. and isn't that just the best feeling? knowing how great your kid is?

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home