Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Baby Rogain

I feel absolutely terrible. I love babies with hair so I was so happy when J came out with a nice full head of darkness. I knew babies born with hair tend to lose it but I never did. Granted I was born with twice as much as J but I figured he'd be holding on to his too. B's mom even commented on how he hadn't lost it.

Then I started wearing him more in the sling. And now, the once lovely head of hair is just so...scary. The sides are almost completely bald and the center of the back. At first it was just getting thin. I thought he kept getting covered in dog hair until I realized it was his hair! It still wasn't too bad but now the sling has worn a bald ring right around his head. I know it's the sling too, it's right where all my carriers rub against his head. It makes me want to cry. He's still the most handsome babe in the world and nothing could change that but still, this is my fault. If only I just held him in my arms like everyone else...but noooo. I wanted to have my hands free, I wanted him to be soothed, I wanted to get "things done" so I put him in the sling and wear him close to my heart. And now, he's done gone bald. Except for the top, along the bottom of the back and his sideburns. He looks like some sort of Amish-Punk Rocker-Ill child. And I'm to blame. But man, he still can not be any cuter!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hun, you have to post a picture so your readers understand that this aint natural hair loss, which I know i great deal about :), it is a specific spot fur sure. - DH

11:52 AM  
Blogger fuzzypeach said...

Lainie has the ring too, but on the sides it's not nearly as noticible as it is on the back!

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, I should show you pictures of my little one. She was born with a head full of beautiful black locks. 2 months into her life she had a bald spot on the back of her head and she'd worn the hair off the sides of her head. She's 17 months old now and do you know that the back still hasn't caught up with the rest of it! I thought she'd never have enough hair on the sides of her head for me to put real pig-tails.

Anyhow, just sayin'....It happens to the best of us! And...It grows back!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home