Sunday, July 10, 2005

Dear Mr. X...

In preparation for our big day tomorrow, I thought I'd write a few words to our son as he gets ready (well, we are forcing him) to make his big transition from fetus to newborn. And pardon any cheesiness, I've never written a letter to someone I haven't really met and I really tried to keep out the sarcasm. Very hard, very hard.

Dear Son,

Well, can you believe the time has come? It's been quite a long journey but we made it through. Some weeks were definitely longer than others but each day was a blessing. There were days that were probably harder on me and there were days that were probably harder on you and because of these days there were probably many that were much harder on your Dad. Bless his heart and patience.

So on the eve of your birth (you do know you are coming out tomorrow right?! DO NOT DEVIATE FROM THIS PLAN!) I just wanted to take a few moments to welcome you to this world. You have a lot of people waiting to meet you! I'm not sure if anyone could possibly be looking forward to it more than your Dad and I. I can't wait to see you, to hold you, and to hear your first cry. I keep playing it over and over in my head, that will be the most beautiful sound your dad and I will ever hear. But don't make a habit of it :).

I also wanted to say now that we will love you unconditionally even though there may be times when it may not be that clear. The three of us will have so many fun times together but I'm sure we'll have our rough days as well. I am looking forward to all of the bad days as much as the good, because every day you are in our lives will be a blessing. So always remember that there is nothing you can do that would make us turn our backs on you. Our goals for you are simple, we want you to be safe, confident and most of all, happy.

Please know your Dad and I will be raising you as best as we can. Unfortunately for you being our first child, you have the luxury of experiencing all of our trial and errors. But we promise to do our best, however that turns out.

We love you with all our hearts and can't wait to meet the little man we've been imagining for so long.

Love always,
Mama

1 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

you made me cry... just a little.

Good luck tomorrow, we'll be thinking of you and waiting to meet your little dude,

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home