Monday, October 31, 2005

BOO!

I had a change of heart. I handed out candy and let me tell you that took MAJOR willpower. I even bought a few kinds that didn't seem tempting like the Orange and cream kit-kats (yuck?) and Snickers Crunch which I know I don't like. I'm not sure what possessed me to buy Hershey's with Almonds candy bars though. For those who don't know, nuts in chocolate are like my fava flav. They were taunting me. And even the yucky candy smelled so good when I opened the bags. It's crazy how many times my hands just instinctively went to reach for a piece. It was totally subconscious, no wonder why people have a hard time losing weight. We're just so accustomed to taking a little here, a little there. We don't even have to think about it.

We dressed J up as a Puppy-who-looks-more-like-a-cow and we sat outside and handed out the candy. It was not my costume of choice, more like a hand-me-down from J's cousin. For what we were doing tonight and how long he'd be in it, it served it's purpose. He loves to people watch but man, do people not trick or treat anymore?? There were hardly any kids out. All the crazies keeping the kids indoors I guess. So I was giving out handfuls of candy because I did not want to be left with it.

It's kind of annoying around here because you get those kids from the other side of the park. The ones who are really too old to be doing it in the first place but they don't even attempt to dress up and they are total assholes. I hate it and I cringe when I see them coming. One kid doesn't even slow down he just sticks out his bag and expects people to just whip it out for him. So disrespectful he doesn't even stop to take your shit he just expects it. And then his good buddy who didn't even have a bag totally pissed me off. I was giving everyone handfuls, I guess I've already said that, but his handful was on the small side. A complete accident. And he had the nerve to say to me "Why don't you give me 2 more?" And I snapped "Why don't you appreciate what you got?" I was actually a little scared that it flew out of my mouth because these kids don't care about shit and don't worry about consequences. But he said "Nah, I'm just messin' whichoo." Oh I see, it was a little game, good times. Always somebody that has to ruin an innocent fun time for kids because now I probably won't hand any out next year just to avoid this kind of interaction. So how was your night?


no I'm not in a costume, sadly just my regular face

8 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Haha, J looks like he just couldn't care less in the 2nd photo. Very cute! That sucks you got the teenagers that don't bother to dress up. We hate them too. Oh well, what are you gonna do?

10:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

J looks so cute in his costume. lol We didn't have too many treaters but they did come. Little ones and I was surprised to see two adults with no kids dressed up and come to the door. Okay, when does one outgrow this even I have to ask lol. If you are bringing a kid fine, but to go without a kid when you aren't a kid. lol Maybe a kid at heart but still. Not that they weren't polite they did say thank you so much have a happy halloween. lol

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Around here people MAKE the kids say "Trick or Treat!", lol. I agree with the sentiment of not giving out candy to those who aren't dressed up or who are rude. Little shits.

J looked adorable!

11:42 AM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

yeah, now that we're grownups (aka, living in the suburbs), I get to enjoy this Halloween dilemma every year.

My son was a dog his first year too! Only I painted his face too (and my husband dubbed me "little miss cruelty to animals"!)

and damn the leftovers! I'm already gaining weight and not exercising, now I'm doing all of that AND eating candy. Grrr.

4:00 PM  
Blogger pretendingsanity said...

he's the cutest puppy EVAR!

4:36 PM  
Blogger YankeeAmanda said...

He is so adorable! Isn't it fun dressing up little ones even though they have no idea what's going on? I put my tiny faced baby in a pumpkin costume - too precious! Pics of overwhelming cuteness found at http://jadynsjourney.blogspot.com


Love your blog!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Bree said...

ohhh the candy, I gotta stop or its defeating the diet purpose! blah! J is so cute!! i love his costume, and poo on those kids who dont dress up! I hate that!

2:48 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Blog Hoppin' - nice place you have here! Great pics!

Swing by if you have a minute - I'm at http://harmonia.blogsome.com

:)

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home